They deliver high quality entertainment, diverse and relevant content that connects & reflects all segments of the community, no matter where in Scotland they may be.
They are now an official Social Enterprise as a registered Community Interest Company (CIC) with Scottish Companies House (Company Number 496371). They have five clear social aims and objective:
- To provide a voice for, reflect and improve modern gay life in Scotland – connecting all generations, through news, discussion, debate, stories and having fun, meanwhile a thread of music (with a strong focus on new & unsigned Scottish and LGBTI talent) which commercial stations often ignore.
- To connect LGBTI people in all our communities, enabling them to share experiences and deepen understanding of the issues faced in rural and urban areas.
- To raise the profile of Scotland as a diverse and LGBTI-friendly destination.
- To deliver a platform for charities and community groups to reach new audiences.
- To highlight challenges and issues faced by our community including (but not limited to) bullying, homophobia, transphobia, hate crime, mental illness, isolation, and sexual health.
- To provide opportunities for training and work experience in the Radio and Media industry for all, particularly young and unemployed people.
With a rapidly growing listenership both in Scotland and around the world combined, with the proven efficacy of radio advertising, this is your chance to support a brand new & exciting concept supporting of the LGBTI community.
If you want to support Xpress Radio Scotland please visit www.crowdfunder.co.uk/xpress-radio-scotland and pledge today.