They are offering free HIV and Finance Educational Workshops that are designed to provide training for professionals who work with people living with HIV. The workshops will be taking place in Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Manchester, Brighton and London
Speaking about the HIV & Finance Tour, Chris Morgan said,
‘I’m very excited to be touring the UK with the HIV & Finance Tour, offering HIV Professionals an opportunity to learn more about the financial issues facing their clients and financial products available to their service users’.
Chris Continued …
‘We are extremely grateful to Terrence Higgins Trust and George House Trust for their assistance with organising and hosting the tour and in particular the THT Health, Wealth & Happiness Project, who will working with us facilitating the workshops’.
The tour will feature a presentation from Chris Morgan the UK’s leading financial adviser on HIV Finance Issues, plus group discussions and question & answer sessions. The workshop will offer free training and a chance for delegates to share experiences.
These are some of the topics included in the workshop
· Exclusion of people living with HIV by the UK Finance Industry
· Current position HIV and Life Insurance (HIV and Life Insurance Consumer Guide)
· Financial Planning for over 50’s living with HIV (Whole of Life Assurance)
· Current position HIV and Mortgages (Issues Faced by people living with HIV applying for mortgages)
· Other Financial Products for people living with HIV (Pensions, Income Protection, Critical Illness Cover )
They are now inviting HIV Professionals to register for the Workshops by using the links enclosed below.
- Terrence Higgins Trust, Bristol (23rdFebruary 2017, 2pm to 4pm)
- Terrence Higgins Trust, Cardiff (24th February 2017, 2pm to 4pm)
- Community Hub, John Lewis, Birmingham (2nd March 2017, 2pm to 4pm)
- George House Trust, Manchester (3rd March 2017, 2pm to 4pm)
- Terrence Higgins Trust, Brighton (9thMarch 2017, 2pm to 4pm)
- Terrence Higgins Trust, London (10th March 2017, 2pm to 4pm)
There are already plans to take the tour to further venues across the UK such as Northern Ireland and Scotland.